As a member of the Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce (“GSCC”), I, my business and my employees, recognise that membership is a privilege. Accordingly, I acknowledge and accept this code of conduct as a condition of my membership of GSCC.
At all times, I agree to:
- Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honourably upon Greater
Springfield’s business community and GSCC.
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of GSCC and its members and represent GSCC accordingly.
- Understand, support and promote the goals of GSCC, including to help develop the growth of business through support, collaboration and open communication.
- Provide honest, skilled and conscientious service to my customers.
- Where possible, participate in the functions and activities of GSCC and contribute my business and professional expertise as appropriate.
- Advertise all goods and services in good faith and in accordance with all relevant legislation.
- Conform to all local, state and federal laws for the control of my business, where applicable.
- Play a role in the promotion, development and enhancement of business growth and activities within Greater Springfield and the surrounding area.
- Refrain from distributing leaflets or flyers during any of the events unless I am an annual partner, event sponsor or I have obtained written consent from the GSCC committee prior to the event.
- I agree not to add members to my database or spam members of GSCC without the consent of the individual member.
- Refrain from soliciting members for another networking group at GSCC’s events.
- Refrain from engaging in any adverse, malicious, degrading or discourteous discussion or action towards or against a member of GSCC, the business of a member of GSCC or GSCC itself either verbally or on social media platforms.
- Use all reasonable endeavours to ensure my business and employees abide by this code of conduct.
- Provide to GSCC (at least annually) content for my social shout outs within our Social Media pages. If I do not supply content, I authorise GSCC to reuse publicly available information to promote my business. This includes, but is not limited to, business websites, social media platforms or third-party information (e.g. News Articles).
- Allow my business, and any invited guests to be photographed during the event that I, and any invited guests, are attending. I am aware that I am responsible for any guests that I invite and ensure that they comply with the GSCC policies as stipulated above. This includes the attendance of any minors, and it is my responsibility to ensure I am comfortable with these rules. As a networking platform with a strong web presence, GSCC are unable to guarantee the exclusion of minors or guests in photography during events.
I acknowledge that by accepting approval for membership via GSCC’s online application process or manual process that I acknowledge and agree that failure to comply with the GSCC code of conduct or any part of it, may result in the termination/suspension of my, and/or my businesses, membership under clause 10(3) of the GSCC Constitution.(Edit)