As a member of the Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce (“GSCC”), I, and my business, recognise that membership is a privilege. Accordingly, I acknowledge and accept this code of conduct as a condition of my membership of GSCC.
At all times, I agree to:
- Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honourably upon Greater Springfield’s business community and GSCC.
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of GSCC and its members and represent GSCC accordingly.
- Understand, support and promote the goals of GSCC, including to help develop the growth of business through support, collaboration and open communication.
- Provide honest, skilled and conscientious service to my customers.
- Where possible, participate in the functions and activities of GSCC and contribute my business and professional expertise as appropriate.
- Agree by attending any of GSCC’s events that I hereby give permission for any photos or videos taken of me to be published on GSCC’s social media platforms, website and used for any marketing collateral. I also agree that any guests accompanying me will be made aware of this implied permission.
- Advertise all goods and services in good faith and in accordance with all relevant legislation.
- Conform to all local, state and federal laws for the control of my business, where applicable.
- Play a role in the promotion, development and enhancement of business growth and activities within Greater Springfield and the surrounding area.
- Refrain from distributing leaflets or flyers during any of the events unless I am an annual partner, event sponsor or I have obtained written consent from the GSCC committee prior to the event.
- Refrain from engaging in any adverse, malicious, degrading or discourteous discussion or action towards or against a member of GSCC, the business of a member of GSCC or GSCC itself.
- Use all reasonable endeavours to ensure my business and employees abide by this code of conduct.
I acknowledge and agree that failure to comply with the GSCC code of conduct or any part of it, may result in the termination of my, and/or my businesses, membership under clause 10(3) of the GSCC Constitution.(Edit)