NOTE ON RENEWALS: This year, we've offered members the option to renew memberships before June 30 to beat the Tax Year deadline. Check your emails for details.
Businesses are on the move and it's time to take advantage of the increasing amount of offers to help you get back on track with your small business. In this months' update, you can read about...
- June ONLINE Business Event
- Current COVID-19 Business Restrictions for QLD
- FREE Radio advertising with River 94.9
- FREE Shout outs through the GSCC socials for Members
- FREE Listing on Yellow Pages Online
- FREE Channel 7 Media Exposure
- FREE Google Search listing
- Why Now is the Best Time to Become an Official GSCC Member
If you have key information for local businesses in the region that you wish to share, please email your suggestion to Rhonwyn at email@example.com.
Local Business Update ONLINE EVENT
Join your chamber this THURSDAY MORNING for a local industry update from Springfield City Group
Russell Luhrs, Chief Operating Officer from Springfield City Group, will provide us with an update around Vicinity, the local area and projects they have coming up.
Jim Varghese AM, Executive Director, will provide us with an update on Defence Industry Attraction, Education and Health.
This event will be held online via Zoom, a link and password will be emailed to you upon registration and a reminder will be send closer to the event date.
All cameras and microphones will be muted other than our guest speakers. There will be a Q & A at the end which you will have to ask via the Q & A box in Zoom.
Local Industry Update
Presented by Springfield City Group
Thursday 18th June 2020 @ 10:30am
Book your tickets to receive the Meeting Link.
Current COVID-19 Business Restrictions for QLD
We are currently in stage 2 (of 3) on the path to easing restrictions for business operations in QLD. This stage began on 1st June 2020 and it includes industry-specific advice to help you navigate your own business operations during this time.
From Stage 2 and beyond, some businesses will be able to offer services to a larger number of customers if they are following an approved industry COVID Safe plan. Some industry COVID Safe plans may allow for a higher number of people than current restrictions allow. Find a list of approved industry COVID Safe plans and those currently under consideration.
Stage 3 will begin on 10th July 2020 where, subject to further planning and review, interstate travel will be permitted and a maximum of 100 people* will be permitted for a variety of people-centred businesses, venues and events.
Radio advertising with River 94.9
If you're open, let River 94.9 know. They're supporting local businesses with shout outs on air, letting listeners know who is OPEN.
Radio Advertising is also a tried and tested medium for attracting local customers! So take advantage of River's GSCC MEMBER ONLY OFFER...
For a minimum $500 spend on a radio ad campaign, you'll receive 50% additional bonus spots to any JUNE campaign to help maximise your message. (T&C Apply).
There's still time, CALL RIVER 94.9 NOW on 3813 1000 to discuss your campaign needs and boost your EOFY sales!!
FREE Shout Outs on GSCC Socials
Now the Qld government are easing our restrictions, are you re-opening or extending your opening hours?
If yes, then send Leila the details and we'll shout it out all over social media.
Email Leila at firstname.lastname@example.org with all the details and get the message out to your community.
Claim your FREE Yellow Pages Online Listing
For those who've been in business for a long time, this will be obvious, but for the rest our community don't forget to take the time to LIST YOUR BUSINESS for FREE on Yellow Pages.
Every time you link another website back to your business, it improves your search traffic. And Yellow Pages is still one of the most targeted directories for searching for local businesses...where it's based on your address, not the quality of your website SEO.
FREE Channel 7 Media Exposure
Here's your chance to get your business on TV!
Pinstripe Media (by David Koch on Channel 7) is looking for 30 second video submissions from small business owners promoting their expertise, products and services. Create your video and email it to email@example.com
Every Sunday at 1pm on Channel 7, Kochie's Business Builders will show, interview and promote small businesses doing great things. Watch previous episodes here.
You can also sign up for your FREE directory listing at their Small Business First! website.
FREE Google Search managed listing
If you haven't already, please invest a small amount of time to make sure your small business is officially AND ACCURATELY listed on Google through GOOGLE MY BUSINESS.
- Go to Google My Business
- Create a Google Account using your business email (or use your existing Gmail account details if you prefer).
- Follow the prompts to fill in all your business details including your logo, hours of operation and heaps of images promoting your services and wares.
- 'Verify' your business through their process to confirm you're a real business.
- Ask great customers to leave winning reviews for your business!
Become an Official GSCC Member
The Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce is a community that...
- Brings people together
- Supports you through the tough times
- Helps you find other local businesses to collaborate with
- Gives you a platform to showcase your business
- Looks for opportunities to boost your business
And right now...you can have until July for FREE when you join!
From as little as $120^ per year, you can benefit from becoming a player in a positive, collaborative and genuine community.
Other benefits include:
- Detailed listing on our Member Directory
- Discounts with other Members
- Free attendance at our Monthly Business After Hours Events*
- Discounted tickets to topical GSCC Events*
- Access to Ipswich Chamber of Commerce Events as well
- Eligibility to be nominated for our Annual Marque Business Awards
- Supported and promoted through our GSCC Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and now...Instagram!
- Contribute to local initiatives that will further Springfield's economic growth
Still not enough? Consider becoming a Annual Sponsor of the Chamber to have your business in the spotlight throughout the year.
There's no better time than now to connect with other local businesses and industry, so choose to join today.
To join now contact Leila - firstname.lastname@example.org
[*Events currently held online to align with Government directives]
[^Membership price varies based on size of member business]